Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Garden






I'm starting to really enjoy the fruits of my labor in my little garden. I am harvesting spinach, peas, radishes and zucchini. There are blossoms and small green fruits on the tomato and squash plants. The carrots and beets show promise of a fall harvest. The sunflowers are reaching upward along the wall. The flowers have spread out to fill in the empty spaces and are blossoming in a great variety of colors and shapes. My trees (at least the ones in the garden) are growing into REAL trees instead of twigs. There are less weeds and rocks surfacing. I am basking in the beauty of it all.



Isn't it amazing the joy and satisfaction that can come from a little bit of work, a few seeds, some sun and rain, and the good brown soil. I find myself regularly looking out over the garden from the great room just to smile and nod in pleasure. And yet I am still surprised every time I walk into the back yard and find this small magic place that I have created. And magic it is, considering the way I have killed every plant I've ever tried to grow inside!

And so I am including a few photos so you can enjoy it too!

4 comments:

Karla said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I want to come and see!!!

Ben and Heidi said...

Those are some great pictures! I will need to find the love and patience to grow a garden when we buy a house. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's beautiful! Thanks for the pictures!

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

Yeah... wow.. those pictures are amazing. :)