Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mmmmm......Peanut Butter

I love peanut butter. Seriously! I really do.

Sometimes I crave it! You know....scooped up with apple slices or spread on celery sticks or stirred into hot corn syrup and sugar, then mixed with Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes. I like it with honey on toasted seven grain bread or with jam on soft white bread. A waffle with peanut butter and syrup is one of my favorite breakfasts. I admit I even occasionally eat it plain with a spoon.

I like peanut butter creamy and sticky, requiring a glass of milk to get it off the top of my mouth. I like peanut butter thick and crunchy with bits of peanuts that stick between my teeth. I like peanut butter cookies and peanut butter bars and peanut butter frosting on chocolate cake. If candy has peanut butter in it, you can bet I like it.

I don't remember when I first fell in love with peanut butter. I think it must have been early in my life, but was only recently rediscovered. I suppose that making it "forbidden", as it was during recent months of dieting, has only enhanced it's enticement. But I can't remember a time that I didn't like peanut butter.

Interestingly, peanuts alone are not at the top of my list. Cashews have always been my nut of choice, with pistachios a close second. I like almonds and pecans and macadamia nuts. But I'll rarely, if ever, choose to munch on peanuts. I even buy mixed nuts without peanuts!

I guess there is no explaining it, but it is true: I love peanut butter. I really do.

1 comment:

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

Well Mom, that was a different type of post. I don't get on here much so I read your past few posts, this one last. Good stuff. OK seriously question - you love cashews (who doesn't?), but you don't love peanuts. You do love peanut butter though... so what if they made some kind of cashew butter? Might have to call it something else though, like cashew cream or cashew crop peanut butter or sumthin like that. Maybe I'll do it. Think I'd make millions?