Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Today is Easter Sunday. The morning is quiet, peaceful, full of introspection and gratitude.

I ponder on the the first Easter, the day Christ rose from the grave and appeared to those who loved him, alive again. The joy they must have felt. I think of the journey that took him from his manger birth to his death on a cross at Calvary. He lived to do his father's will. He showed love to everyone. He performed miracles. He blessed old and young, rich and poor, strong and weak. He was patient, kind, wise...perfect. His atonement allows the rest of us to have hope in resurrection and exaltation.

I know he lives. He is my brother, my friend, my example, my savior. It is by him and through him that all mankind can be saved. I am so grateful for this knowledge and the Spirit that confirms it to me.

So, today will be filled with joy. It's Easter and I know he lives.

No comments: