Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deck the Halls


No boughs of holly here, but plenty of icicle lights and nativities and advent calendars and stockings and Christmas trees and ANGELS.......

Yes. After a complete house cleaning (well, almost complete), I have been decorating for the Christmas season. It's taken me several days, but I have to say that our halls are now totally "decked" and things are looking very festive around here. The house is full of fun things to see and hear and taste and touch and smell.






















I love the smell of pine and peppermint and berries from lighting Christmas candles. It makes me want to bake and create and wrap and give. I get a kick out of the grandkids' delight in the battery-operated and wind-up toys that are scattered about. I really enjoy sitting in the darkened room, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket and drinking hot chocolate, just looking at the lighted tree. (That sounds pretty good. I might have to go do that and finish this later.) Remembering the story of each angel that I pull from the boxes brings me special joy.

Today the work is done and I am basking in the beauty of it all. I'm working on gifts and looking ahead to another wonderful Christmas.


So, if you haven't yet, start to deck the halls and you will find yourself full of Christmas spirit like me...............go on, do it. It feels real good.

2 comments:

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

Looks awesome mom. We look forward to coming and eating all your peppermints and cashews and such!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wish I had your knack for decorating!