Sunday, November 23, 2008

Count Your Blessings

I love Thanksgiving.
It is the only holiday that hasn't been commercialized and blown up into something beyond what was initially intended. It is a day to gather together to celebrate the harvest, the earth's bounty. It is a time to reflect on gifts and blessings. large and small, that have enriched our lives. It is a day to recognize where all these wonderful things come from and give thanks.
So today I am counting my blessings. I have so many.
I am thankful for life itself; what a precious gift.
I am thankful for a loving husband--a ruggedly handsome, cheerful, active, wise, capable, strong, giving, funny, thoughtful, handy guy!
I am thankful for GREAT kids who are fast becoming my closest friends and teachers as much as my children.
I am thankful for their husbands and wives who have added so much to our close circle of family.
I am thankful for wonderful grandkids--each one expanding my heart and bringing so much joy.
I am thankful for parents who taught me well and gave me a home, direction, a good work ethic and encouragement.
I am thankful for brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles and cousins--what a family I have!
I am thankful for good friends, some I'm sure I've known forever.
I am thankful for good health and a strong body, to be able to feel and see and hear and smell and taste.
I am thankful for Dr Simmeon's hcg protocol that has helped me to regain control of my body!
I am thankful for the earth--it's majesty, beauty and variety.
I am thankful I live in a community, state and country that allow me to live the life I choose.
I am thankful for my Father in Heaven, his son and my savior Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.
I am thankful for their plan of happiness--it brings me hope, faith, peace and joy.
I am thankful. I have so much.

No comments: